Amamoor Lodge was once part of an 800 acre property owned by Tom and Merv Sanders. The Sanders were well known in the area and had many business interests including farming pineapples, beans and timber.
John and Cynthia Hayes purchased the Amamoor Lodge in the late eighties. At that time there was a sturdily built single men’s quarters, a mess area, cook house and (cold) shower area – accommodation for seven single men. These existing buildings date back to the 1930’s and were built with local timber milled on the property, by the Sanders family.
In 2002, John Hayes started work on an extension to the the old barracks (workmens quarters) to develop the main lodge bed and breakfast building. The resulting purpose built B&B officially opened in 2005 is full of warm timbers reflecting the old barracks and offering a welcome to guests.
The Studio block built in heritage style to complement the Lodge, was built to offer a different type of accommodation. These rooms were opened in May 2009.
In 2013, Christine and Malcolm became hosts of Amamoor Lodge, and continued running it until 2022 when current owners, Virginia & Al, made Amamoor Lodge their new home.
Current owners, Virginia and Al, look forward to welcoming you.