Is a B&B an AirBnB – what is the difference? Amamoor Lodge is a B&B so here we explain and show how it is not your average B&B
Let’s get the AirBnB out of the way first. AirBnB is an American company operating worldwide effectively as an agent for anyone who signs up to let a room or a whole house for a night or several nights stay. Although called AirBnB (air bed and breakfast) not all their offerings include breakfast. By definition Amamoor Lodge is not an AirBnB as we are not an agent and not an American company! But our Studios are listed with AirBnB so this is one of the many ways you can book with us.
A bed and breakfast or B&B or BnB is described by Wikipedia as lodging providing overnight accommodation and breakfast. This is often in a private family home and there may be one, two or more rooms. The host usually lives in the house and you may share communal areas with the family. At Amamoor Lodge we offer overnight accommodation in a private property (with or without breakfast). However, while we live on site we are in a separate building.
Many see the benefit of a B&B as having access to information about the local area as well as someone else cooking their breakfast in the morning! Some are put off staying in a B&B because they may have to share a bathroom, or they are uncomfortable sharing living space with the host.
At Amamoor Lodge all our rooms have their own private bathroom. You can ask us as many questions as you like, or you can ignore us – we are happy to respond and / or to give you your private space. If you are staying in the Lodge, we will cook your breakfast along with a first course of fresh fruit, yoghurt and cereal and follow with toast and preserves. In the Studios, you have a choice of self-catering your breakfast or having us serve it to your room.
All of this sounds like a B&B – so what makes Amamoor Lodge more than the average B&B? We have made a video to show you what it’s like here.
This is what we think is special:
- Location – rural but not remote. 1km from Amamoor Village with the heritage train station and Mary Valley Rattler steam train, less than 10 minutes from the Bruce highway and within a short drive of many Mary Valley country attractions.
- Amamoor Lodge is a private home and we are very happy to invite you to stay. But we operate as a business and while we are on site we are not in the same house as you.
- Choice of true bed and breakfast or self-catering.
- The Lodge was designed and purpose built as a B&B with only three rooms, each with its own external entrance. There is a communal space but with only three rooms in this building it is not overcrowded. Coming with a group? There is enough space for everyone to gather and eat.
- Lodging plus gardens plus pool plus views. On 50 acres with a hill walk and a rain forest walk, lots of trees and birds. Watch out for wallabies, roos, echidnas and maybe spot a koala.
- B&B in the Lodge; forget formal dining rooms have your breakfast (at the time you choose) with a valley view on the verandah.
- Or you can choose to self-cater in a studio with the convenience of a modern motel but with a garden view – not opening out onto a car park
- Not just breakfast – we have a commercial kitchen and can provide dinner for all guests. We need to know in advance if you would like dinner, as we need time to shop and prepare (we feature local produce and native foods).
Bottom line, people like staying and we like meeting them.
Interested? Please call, email or you can check availability online:
07 5484 3500 | firstname.lastname@example.org | book online